The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to evaluate the language ability of applicants/test-takers who need to study or work in a country where English is used as the language of communication. IELTS needs to be taken for entry in universities in the UK and other countries.
The IELTS general is easier compared to the academic version and consists of 4 sections – Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing. The Listening section consists of 40 questions in 30 minutes, the speaking section of 15 minutes with 3 parts, the reading section having 40 questions to be answered in 60 minutes, and the writing section of 2 parts.
PR IN THE UK
A person with permanent resident status can live and work in the UK forever without any immigration issues. He/she will no longer have any immigration restrictions for working as well as business in the UK with no time constraints on your stay. But, this right can fail if the person spends more than 2 years continuously out of the country.
If you want a permanent visa in the UK, you will have to stay for a particular period in the country according to your visa. Here are some of the visas and periods you must spend in the UK to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) – Marriage or unmarried partner to UK citizen (2 years), Tier 1 & Tier 2 work permit ( 5 years), Lawful stay (10 years), Unlawful stay (14 years), Sportsperson, business owner, arts, investors (5 years), Ancestry (5 years)
PR in the UK for non-EU citizens
Getting indefinite leave is difficult in some areas. But, if you have lived legally in the UK for at least 5 years, then you have strong chances to qualify for residency. For non-EU students, checking the eligibility and collecting all the required paperwork is the topmost priority, and then checking about immigration history especially when you have a variety of visas since your arrival in the country
IELTS general requirements for getting successful PR in the UK
One of the major requirements for getting PR in the UK is your ability to speak English. IELTS has been established for testing applicants and proving their English language capabilities. Following are some visa description and their IELTS score:-
- Tier 1 (general) visa (C1) requires skills like reading, writing, speaking, and listening and an IELTS score of 7.0 overall and in each of the four skills
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa (B1) requires skills like reading, writing, speaking, and listening and an IELTS score of 4.0 overall and in each of the four skills
- Tier 2 (General) Visa (B1) requires skills like reading, writing, speaking, and listening and an IELTS score of 4.0 overall and in each of the four skills
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa (degree level & above) B2 requires skills like reading, writing, speaking, and listening and an IELTS score of 5.53 overall and in each of the four skills
- Indefinite Leave to remain (to settle / citizenship)(B1) requires skills like speaking, and listening and IELTS life skills at B1 – Pass
How Grad-Dreams can help you with IELTS general and improving your overall English language skills
A competitive IELTS-General score is a major step towards studying or working in an abroad country. The experience and expertise of Grad-Dreams in the field of education and learning help to deliver a transformative language learning experience. Our experience includes a diversified base of professionals, students, entrepreneurs to nourish their language skills for an effortless adoption abroad.
What are the advantages of enrolling for IELTS general with us?
- The intensive coaching at Grad-Dreams for IELTS general involves practice on all four modules of IELTS -Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking
- In-depth understanding of the exam design and question model